[Wylug-help] networking laptop woes

Mike Goodman mike at jazzitis.uklinux.net
Tue Jul 12 14:28:22 BST 2005

Many responses, thanks, guys. Unfortunately, I have no way of copying
the results you are asking from the commands you are suggesting and many
are very long. There is an overlap of what you are asking for, so
there's not too much to do. On my way out to a meeting now and will try
and pick up a memory stick while I'm gone - out of blank CDs even, so no
way of getting stuff off the laptop without setting up a modem
connection, not too confident that will work either and no time to do it
now.

I set an IP address using ifconfig 192.168.2.150 - shows up in ifconfig
eth0, and now the Bcast and Mask look good (192.168.2.255 and
255.255.255.0) but I'm still getting Destination Host Unreachable with
ping. Output of route command shows no gateway.

Hopefully, I'll have a memory card when I return and will also have a
good poke around to see what log files I can find, to see if they
uncover anything.

Thanks again, C U soon.

Mike