[WYLUG-help] still trying to get this machine to copy cds/dvds

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Mar 3 17:37:05 GMT 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Anne Wilson wrote:

> I have the same model.  My fstab line reads
>
> none /mnt/cdrom supermount
> dev=/dev/hdg,fs=iso9660,ro,--,umask=0,user,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850,suid
> 0 0
>
> which is strange, as it looks llike read-only, yet it is working!

fstab entries have nothing to do with writing CDs, since you don't mount the
disk to write it.  So the ro only refers to the mounted filesystem which is
correct.

Your fstab line is however probably only of use to a mandrake fan, since
supermount didn't get picked up by anyone else I don't think (but feel free to
correct me) despite it being very nice from a user's perspective and now it's
been obsoleted by udev/hald.

jh

--
"The question of whether a computer can think is no more interesting than the
question of whether a submarine can swim."           -- Edsgar Wybe Dijkstra