[Wylug-help] pdftotext on Fedora Core 2

Felix Ulrich-Oltean felix at chaptereight.com
Mon May 9 10:05:18 BST 2005

Hi

I need a command-line pdf to plain text converter to run on a FC2 server.
On my workstation, which is Debian, the pdftotext program comes as part
of the xpdf-utils package.  However, I can't find a similar package in
RPM format, and I don't want to install the whole of xpdf.

I've also got the source with apt-get source, but I can't see how to just
compile the pdftotext program rather than the whole of xpdf.

Any ideas where I might get such a converter? (or a pointer to the
pdftotext source?)

Thanks,

Felix.