[Wylug-help] Tearing my hair out re LIRC on Debian/Ubuntu

Neil Pilgrim linux at kepier.clara.net
Wed May 11 02:05:18 BST 2005

Dave Fisher wrote:
[...]
> I've got a half-working installation of MythTV running on an Ubuntu box
> at home (which is 50 more percentage points of functionality than I had
> on stock Debian) and I want to use a remote control with it.

Oooh, tell us more :) I've considered trying mythtv on an eden mini-itx
with a PVR-x50 card...what's your setup? Which half doesn't work? Oh,
and have you tried knoppmyth? :) (and what made debian so bad for mythtv?)

[snip lots]

I guess you've googled till you're blue in the face, but this link seems
to have a nice list of instructions, and its fairly recent, so if you're
not on the ubuntu lists/forums, it might be worth joining :)

Hope Leeds is still treating you all well,

--
Neil, probably not being particularly useful, but very interested in
mythtv setups.