[Wylug-help] OT: Conexant ADSL Routers

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri May 20 22:07:29 BST 2005

James,

On Fri, 20 May 2005, James Holden wrote:

> I'm setting up a Conexant ADSL router for somebody this weekend.
>
> There will be a Linux box behind the router doing NAT and firewalling.
>
> How do I set the router up so that the Linux box gets the public IP
> address rather than the router itself?

Not sure, but would be interested in your final solution.

Some ADSL routers allow you to send all incoming traffic to one machine,
but I think they still do NAT themselves. The linux box would just have to
do routing/firewalling but not NAT, which will be done by the adsl box.
You may have to config. the ADSL router so it ignores all traffic except
from the linux box.