[Wylug-help] Networked laser printer

Steve King steve at kingsteve.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 13:44:00 GMT 2005

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 11:03:30 +0000, Phil Driscoll wrote
> Can anyone recommend a decent CUPS friendly network laser printer
> for medium duty use (for use by about 10 staff in an education
> establishment). I've trawled www.linuxprinting.org and narrowed the
> field down to a few thousand printers :) A recommendation from
> someone with first hand knowledge would save me a lot of reading up!

I used lots of Kyocera printers at my old school, either ones with a built in
network card, or the smaller ones with a printserver (normally a netgear one
as they were cheap!)

They work perfectly, as has already been said.  The fs-1020 + printserver will
do you fine, and it's double sided which is a nice bonus.  We had some fs-1010
as the lab printers for two IT classrooms, and they stood up to the punishment
pretty well!

Steve