[Wylug-help] Flash Sound [ANSWER: FIREFOX_DSP="none"]

Dave Fisher wylug-help at davefisher.co.uk
Wed Nov 9 16:31:09 GMT 2005

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 04:02:17PM +0000, Jason Lander wrote:

> I don't know if this is relevant to Dave's problem but there is a Mozilla
> glitch that makes flash sound unreliable.
>
> It is fixed by setting MOZILLA_DSP to none in the mozillarc file.

Yup, that was it, basically.

Thanks so much Jason.

I imagine that others will fall foul of this, so it's useful to have a
solution in the list archive.

For the record, for firefox on Ubuntu the rc file is:

  /etc/mozilla-firefox/mozilla-firefoxrc

And the variable needs to be changed from:

   FIREFOX_DSP="auto"

   FIREFOX_DSP="none"

Dave