[Wylug-help] 'Abiword' Non-Breaking Spaces

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Sat Oct 1 12:21:04 BST 2005

'Abiword' appears not to support non-breaking spaces.  I find this hard
to believe; is it correct or am I missing something?

Pressing Ctrl+Space, the keystroke that inserts a non-breaking space in
each of 'WordPerfect' and 'OpenOffice Writer' seems to start subscript
text in 'Abiword'.

I created a document in 'OO Writer' containing a non-breaking space and
saved it in 'OO' format; when loading it into 'Abiword' the non-breaking
space had become an ordinary space.

Then I saved the same document in 'OO' a second time, in 'MS Word'
format; this time 'Abiword' converted the non-breaking space into a
degree symbol ("°").  Huh?

All I want to do is type a postcode in a paragraph of text and ensure it
doesn't get split between 2 lines.  Is this so hard?

Smylers
--
May God bless us with enough foolishness to believe that we can make a
difference in this world, so that we can do what others claim cannot be done.