[Wylug-help] Linux Distro on Bootable USB Stick

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Oct 10 10:38:48 BST 2005

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, Dave Fisher wrote:

> OTOH, if anyone has experience which suggests that the read-write speed
> of Flash memory is too poor to support standard desktop distros and
> apps, I would appreciate any suggestions about how to get around the
> problem.

Are you really going to end up with something more useful than a DVD-Knoppix +
USB pen?  Is upgrading your distro 'away from home' that important to you?

R/W speed of good flash memory isn't that bad, but finding benchmarks for USB
pens can be tricky.

jh

--
"The average PhD thesis is nothing but a transference of bones from one
  graveyard to another."                              -- J Frank Dobie