[Wylug-help] Linux Distro on Bootable USB Stick

Dave Fisher davef at davefisher.co.uk
Tue Oct 11 12:30:23 BST 2005

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 12:01:25PM +0100, James Holden wrote:

> John Hodrien wrote:
> [snip]
> > So to clear it up they rebadged 1.1 to be 2.0 Full Speed.  Then they
> > rebadged
> > the faster USB 2.0 as 2.0 Hi-Speed.  So that inspired decision means
> > than Full
> > speed is in fact about 40 times slower than Hi-Speed.  I wonder what the
> > next
> > version will be called...
> >
> > jh
> >

> I think it's called ieee1394 ;-)

IEEEEEE! indeed.

I don't think I've actually noticed a single product with an explicit
'Hi-Speed' or 'Full Speed' label in my recent trawls through Dabs, Scan,
CCL etc.

Maybe I overlooked some, but I'm absolutely certain that they were missing
off many products.

What do people do when they find they've just bought the wrong one?

Dave