[Wylug-help] Linux Distro on Bootable USB Stick

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Oct 11 13:24:50 BST 2005

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, James Holden wrote:

> I don't think it's much of an issue these days. IIRC it was only a
> problem when USB2.0 Hi-Speed proper came out and some unscrupulous
> vendors were relabelling their old slow devices with USB2.0 to clear
> their stocks to unwitting punters.

It was more than that.  I'm sure I read that it was the USB Forum's advice
that lead to them doing it.  They seem to have changed their advice, and claim
they've been claiming this since August 2002...

http://www.usb.org/about/usb_nomenclature

It appears they've switched to Hi-Speed USB and USB as the two valid names.

jh

--
"I happen to feel that the degree of a person's intelligence is directly
  reflected by the number of conflicting attitudes she can bring to bear on the