[WYLUG-Help]

Mike Goodman mike at jazzitis.uklinux.net
Fri Sep 9 11:29:48 BST 2005

Hi, Folks,

Onto the sounds problem. I set this FC4 box up in June and the sounds
side was not working. The mb should have sounds on board, but I ignored
it. The next time I was at CCL Computers I bought a cheap soundblaster
card and inserted it. Still no sounds but I didn't make any real effort
to get it working.

I now wish to subscribe to a VoIP service (in fact, I already have, but
have not set it up properly yet). I had not realised that the sales bull
meant ".wav file to email" when it blathered on about voice mail, so I
now need the sounds working, then I'll have to work out how I get the
wav file to play so I can hear it. First things first, though. How do I
get sounds working on this machine? I don't want to risk a repeat
heartstopper by taking "advice" from the web bulletin boards again :o)

Best regards,

Mike Goodman