[Wylug-help] Wireless networking and Linux

Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu
Tue Sep 27 14:00:24 BST 2005

On 27 Sep 05, Dave Brotherstone (davebrotherstone at gmail.com) wrote:
> So, either I move the cable modem and wireless point downstairs (as there's
> a cable point in the right room), and get some sort of wireless card for my
> linux box, or, I get a further access point downstairs, and link the two
> access points.

> So, my question is - can anyone recommend a wireless card, internal or
> external, that works well with linux, or is it possible to "link" two
> wireless routers over a wireless connection? I've not seen that done before,
> but "feel" it must be possible ;-)

You should be able to link 2 wireless routers wirelessly. If you use the cat5
lan ports on the router rather than using the external cat5 ports then they'll
all be on the same IP range.

--
Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu http://patter.mine.nu/ GPG: E3E8E974
Jabber: patter on jabber.earth.li MSN: stephenpatterson893 at hotmail.com
"Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door."
  -- Melissa O'Brien