[Wylug-help] Linux-compatible graphics card

Geoff Richards qef at ungwe.org
Mon Aug 14 15:35:09 BST 2006

Hi,

Could anyone recommend a graphics card that will definitely work without
problems on Linux (Debian unstable in particular, with Xorg).

I don't want anything too fancy.  It would be nice if accellerated
OpenGL was available just in case, but I'm not likely to use it much.
Mostly I just want xv video playing to be fast.

I was using an NVidia card (a cheap one from a few years ago) until the
fan gave out.  That worked fine except for the occasional annoyance of
having to recompile the kernel module when the kernel got updated.

It needs to do 1280x1024 at true colour, but I suppose they would all
do that nowadays.

thanks,
    Geoff

--

--- Geoff Richards -------------><-------------- http://ungwe.org/ ---
"I tried to fling my shadow at the moon,