[Wylug-help] Setting the From header in mozilla mail

Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu
Wed Feb 22 20:15:06 GMT 2006

On 22 Feb 06, Felix Ulrich-Oltean (linux at felixu.com) wrote:
> Hi
>
> In Mozilla Mail, is it possible to manually set the From header when
> composing a message?  Is there a hidden pref somewhere?  I've seen
> instructions for allowing "other" headers
> (user_pref("mail.compose.other.header", ".....")), but From is already
> there in a dropdown and is fixed to your "identities".  I don't want a
> separate account for each e-mail address I send from.

The closest thing to this is the virtual identities extension:
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=thunderbird&id=594

--
Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu http://patter.mine.nu/ GPG: E3E8E974
Jabber: patter at jabber.earth.li MSN: stephenpatterson893 at hotmail.com
GMail invites to anyone who wants one
"Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door."