[Wylug-help] Lost network printing

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 21:07:56 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 10 Jan 2006 11:22, Stephen Patterson wrote:
> On 09 Jan 06, Anne Wilson (cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk) wrote:
> > No doubt it is something I did, while trying to find my way around
> > debian, but I've lost the connection to my networked printers.
> > They were working fine a few days ago.
>
> I've recently managed to do something similar in debian, though I was
> hacking about quite a bit in the cups config, so I just blamed myself
> *grin*
>
> Seeing as your client can see the printers as present, I'd suggest
> having a look at some of the access control sections in
> /etc/cups/cupsd.conf, especially <Location /> and <Location
> /printers> the syntax is a lot like apache's Allow/Deny
> configuration.
>
> If this doesn't make too much sense, you could post your config files
> & I'll have a look at them.

Hi, Stephen.  Printing from kde does not see the printers any longer.
All I'm offered is lp and the usual kde virtual printers.  I used to
see all four instances of the networked printer, but now I can only see
them with lpstat -v

/etc/cups/cupsd.conf - isn't that the server config file?  I know there
is no problem there because it serves this and two other boxes and
works fine.  It's just the debian laptop that is having problems.

Of course since I'm new to debian I could have screwed something up, but
I can't see that anything I've done should have affected this.