[Wylug-help] Using GPG

Mike Goodman mike at jazzitis.uklinux.net
Sat Jan 14 19:24:14 GMT 2006

Hello and a Happy and Whatever You Want From 2006.

I want to use secure email for sensitive discussions by email. I have
configured gpg which comes already installed with my OS (FC4) and all
looks well. However, I can't work out how to send my public key to a
correspondent by email.

Will my correspondent also have to have gpg installed and configured?
Should I export my public key to a file and send them that as an
attachment? Can I export it directly (from the command line) to their
email address?

I've read the documentation which led to some pgp documentation from
where I borrowed my new signature - appropriate in this instance! I
think I've half understood it, hence:

Any clarification greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Mike Goodman
--
"Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; and
when it is bad, it is better than nothing."