[Wylug-help] recommendations on combatible wifi pci card

Dave Roberts dave.roberts at unisonfree.net
Tue Jan 17 21:22:59 GMT 2006

I was speaking with experience of having made the mistake of buying a
Belkin which happened not to be supported by native drivers. Did get it
working via ndiswrapper but still think that a company which has a
deliberate policy of not providing Linux drivers is probably best avoided.

Dave

gARetH baBB wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Dave Roberts wrote:
>

>>I know it isn't the question that you asked but - Don't touch Belkin - they
>>provide no Linux support.
>>

>Like any badge who doesn't make anything themselves, they provide devices
>which use a wide variety of chipsets - include a number supported by
>native Linux drivers.

>---
>avast! Antivirus: Inbound message was clean.
>Virus Database (VPS): 0603-2, 17/01/2006
>Tested on: 17/01/2006 20:21:42
>avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.

---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound message was clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0603-2, 17/01/2006
Tested on: 17/01/2006 20:31:03