[WYLUG-help] Export address book Evolution

Mike Goodman mike.goodman at zen.co.uk
Sat Jul 8 19:05:19 BST 2006

Hi, Folks,

I have never, ever, on any system, successfully exported an address book
from one system to another. I have managed to get the messages saved so
I could recover them, but am not confident I could do it again.

Running on FC4 and using Evolution as my email client, I have just
installed FC5 onto another machine and done a full update. The two are
on the same LAN. I would like to get my address book either moved or
copied onto the FC5 box, also with evolution installed. If I can move
the whole lot including all the old messages across, so much the better,
but life will be very difficult if I have to re-create all the addresses
by hand so that's the most important bit.

Google gives lots of answers to the wrong questions, and I'm not sure any of
them are answering mine.

Would someone advise me, please?

Best regards,

Mike Goodman