[WYLUG-help] PostgreSQL and SQL-Ledger

Mike Goodman mike.goodman at zen.co.uk
Sat Jun 3 19:59:20 BST 2006

Hi, Folks,

I've come across what looks to me like the first genuinely useful OS
accounts app I've ever found. It's called SQL-Ledger,
http://sql-ledger.org/, and it runs with Perl, Apache and PostgreSQL.
I've followed the README which is sparse on detail and combined that
with some reading of the pgsql online manual. I'm trying to get the
thing going on Sarge3.1.

It seems to install OK when I unpack it into /usr/local/, the screens
appear in the right place and everything seems to be in the right order.
That's now. An earlier attempt cocked up and it took a lot of reading
plus trial and error to get this far.

Now, I couldn't find out how to delete users and one database seemed to
be permanently running however I tried to stop it. So I used apt-get to
uninstall pgsql and manually deleted all the sql-ledger directories.

I assumed that would have rid me of the earlier pgsql user I had created
and all of the databases would have gone. No such thing. Trying to
create a new dataset produces the error:

Error!
CREATE SEQUENCE id start 10000
ERROR: relation "id" already exists

Can anyone tell me how I can find out who or what owns sequence id start
10000 and if I can delete it? I'm assuming it's something to do with
pgsql but am happy to be corrected. There's a deb bug-report for a
different version showing the same thing but it is vague to say the
least.

TIA Mike