[Wylug-help] Different Content to Different Displays Under X

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Jun 13 10:19:58 BST 2006

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, Gary Stainburn wrote:

> When I tried to set it up on my Sony Vaio I found the link below amongst
> others.  I couldn't get it working, but I think that was because of the
> NVidia drivers.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> Gary
>
> http://prouchon.free.fr/Linux/Fedora%20Core%203%20on%20Sony%20Vaio%20PCG-GRX616MP.html#DUAL_HEAD

The advice on this page is specific to ATI so I'm not surprised it didn't
work.

If you're using nvidia it's very similar, but the device section is all
importantly different:

Section "Device"
         Identifier  "Videocard0"
         Driver      "nvidia"
         VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
         BoardName   "nVidia Corporation G70GL [Quadro FX 4500]"
         Option      "TwinView" "on"
         Option      "MetaModes" "1600x1200, 1280x1024"
         Option      "TwinViewOrientation" "LeftOf"
EndSection

This assumes you've got the nvidia binary driver installed.

jh

--
"People who get up early in the morning cause war, death and famine"
                                                      -- Banksy