[Wylug-help] Windows XP, Samba, No Hair left to tear out...

Phil Driscoll phil at dialsolutions.co.uk
Fri Mar 10 17:19:53 GMT 2006

Is there anyone around the Leeds area with up to date experience with Samba 3
as PDC, Windows XP Pro, Profiles, Policies, Printing, and much more patience
than I have with Windows boxes?

I used to know how to do all this stuff, but haven't touched any of it for
about 5 years, and things have obviously moved on since.

As a charity job, I've been setting up a network for an educational
establishment run by a friend of mine, Paul Abbott (you may remember him
giving a talk to WYLUG a few months ago). We have Linux servers, LTSP thin
clients and dual boot fat clients. The time has come for me to set up the
windows side of the dual boot machines, and I'm getting nowhere fast, though
my appreciation of using simple text files for configuration has grown
tremendously!

If anyone would be kind enough to spare some time to sit down with me and the
machinery and get me pointed in the right direction, I'd be delighted to
supply coffee and fish & chips!

Cheers
--
Phil Driscoll