[WYLUG-HELP] wireless lan notebook card installation

Mike Goodman mike at jazzitis.uklinux.net
Wed Mar 22 16:00:48 GMT 2006

Thanks, guys.

Don, that looks like a very generous offer, impossible to decline
provided I can reach - I work in Batley and live in Birstall (just off
J27 of M62, where M621 joins). Where are you? You could reply off-list
or give me a bell on 0845 890 0454 or 07743 825093.

Just for clarity's sake, I don't have access to any base station in this
building and I think it's doubtful I ever shall unless I convert my LAN
to wi-fi. When here, I simply stick a cat5 with rj45 ends into the
laptop if I need to use it at all. However, if the card can detect the
presence of a base station whether or not I have access, I'm hoping that
at least shows it's doing something it should.

The reason I need to get this card working or, more accurately now, I
hope, to ensure it is working, is because I need to do some work online
this weekend, but I'll be away from the office at a conference,
Thurs-Sun. It will also be useful in the future.

Best,

Mike
--
"Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; and
when it is bad, it is better than nothing."