[Wylug-help] [OT] yahoo messenger...

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Mar 28 21:35:53 BST 2006

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Emon wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Any idea why Yahoo is neglecting all those *nix users out there? I mean the
> last they released a messenger was for RedHat9 and that's about it!! I know
> that there are alternatives like Gaim & others, but they don't seem to
> support all the features :( & it seems that Yahoo doesn't care either... any
> idea why??

They're a business.  They've made a business decision that linux currently
isn't worth the financial cost to support.  Seeing as there are excellent
clients like gaim, and the market *is* small, I can't disagree with their
choice.

jh

--
"When I was a boy I was told anybody could become President.  I'm beginning to
  believe it."                                        -- Clarence Darrow