[Wylug-help] rsync over ssh with cron

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Mar 30 22:59:05 BST 2006

On Thursday 30 March 2006 22:36, Jim Jackson wrote:

> On the host, in the ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file you can specify options
> that restrict what can be done with the this key. The options are
> documented in man sshd, in the section "AUTHORIZED_KEYS FILE FORMAT".
>
> Check out the "from=..." and "command=..." options. So you can have a
> a private/public key pair that ONLY authorise e.g. one command, when
> called from a restricted list of hosts.

I wondered if that was the right section, but it's not clear how to do this.
The authorized_keys2 file has
ssh-dss
codeblock
anne at david.lydgate.lan

so where, among that, does the from= bit go?  It seems to suggest that it
should be at the beginning - but is that before even the ssh-dss?  It looks
as though it can either be anne at david.lydgate.lan or 111.222.333.444?