[Wylug-help] Re: Windows Mobile and Synce

Linda Kennedy & David Carpenter d.carpenter at virgin.net
Sat Oct 7 22:49:06 BST 2006

I remember trying to get my PDA to work with synce and synce-trayicon,
but it was a while ago now and I no longer have the PDA, so these are
old notes of mine.

What I do remember was that I had to have a system to get it all to
work, and this was it:

Step1:
Connect the PDA to the computer and turn it (the PDA) on.

Step 2:

Kill the firewall (I had Firestarter installed)

Step 3:

In a terminal:
    dccm -p 5698 (where 5698 was my password for the PDA)

    sudo synce-serial-start
    (enter password)

"synce-serial-start is now waiting for your device to connect" is
displayed, then

    synce-trayicon

That worked for me. I was using Ubuntu 5.10 with Gnome desktop.

David