[Wylug-help] Request for opinion: TeX Distros in Linux

Dave Fisher wylug-help at davefisher.co.uk
Sun Oct 29 12:14:40 GMT 2006

Hi,

I'd like to resussitate some reports that I wrote many years ago in
LaTex, using the tetex distro that was bundled with just about every
Linux distro at the time.

apt-cache search on an Ubuntu sustem reveals a great many more packages
for the texlive distro, including some experimental LaTeX3 stuff.

Obviously, I can install and compare these texlive packages with other
TeX distros like tetex, but (assuming that many WYLUGers would have much
more recent experience than my own), I thought I'd see if other people's
experience could save me a bit of time.

So, any thoughts?

Dave