[Wylug-help] Rsync is broken?

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Sun Apr 29 20:16:37 BST 2007

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, RichardA wrote:

> Tried again with different cables -- scp failed after 7 GB or so.
>
> All I can think of to do is to reinstall the server OS and then try a
> different PC. The symptoms don't point to any particular piece of
> hardware or software so I'll change everything I haven't already
> changed.

Reinstalling the server sounds like a sub-par idea if you ask me as it'll take
a while and not test much.  You've tried it with rsync and scp.  Either
there's a bug in a shared library between the two or the kernel's the problem.
I'd try rolling the kernel back to a 2.6.8 era kernel and see what gives.

jh

--
"I have never smuggled anything in my life. Why, then, do I feel an uneasy
  sense of guilt on approaching a customs barrier?"   -- Steinbeck