[Wylug-help] volume changing automatically

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Aug 14 18:23:29 BST 2007

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, Craig Hopkins wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using 64-bit F7 with .22 kernel using alsa. Whenever I try to put
> the volume up to 100% it will be fine until it finds a loud bit of
> music and then it adjusts the audio volume back down on its own. I've
> done some googling and not been able to find anything, but if anyone
> does have a link they found on google I'll happily take it.
>
> I'm sure it wasn't doing this before I updated to F7 from FC6, and
> unfortunately I can't test it on Vista (I dual boot) as I can't get
> Vista to go loud enough anyway.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be grateful.

Are you running something like Skype?  I've had problems with running
applications screwing with the volume controls.  I've not noticed this on FC7
64bit myself.

jh

--
"The English-speaking world may be divided into (1) those who neither know nor
  care what a split infinitive is; (2) those who do not know, but care very