[Wylug-help] Is the Lenovo R61 a good choice?

Chris Myers chris at ascent.plus.com
Thu Aug 23 20:31:00 BST 2007

Hi Guys,

I'm considering buying a new laptop. I'm after a well supported & good
spec model & would appreciate some opinions.

I have spotted a Lenovo R61 (NF55QUK) from DABS. At £800 It appears to
have what I need.

Some important features:

Graphics chipset: nVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M
Screen type description: WSXGA+ TFT, 15.4 inches, 1680x1050
Wireless standard:	 Intel 4965AGN

I am intending to run Ubuntu on it. If anyone actually has one to review
  this would be great.

I'm going to do some searching in the meantime. If you are remotely
interested, check out the links below:

The Dabs url:
http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4LP5&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=NF55QUK&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0

The Lenovo url: