[Wylug-help] ClamAV help needed

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 31 09:00:47 BST 2007

I've just installed clamav on my mail server box, for the first time,
including the clamd packages.  Everything appears to be OK, and I have run
the test scan as directed by the user manual.  However, there the aid appears
to stop.

I presume that I have to put a command into rc.local, but so far I haven't
found what that command is.  I want it to check recursively
in /var/spool/mail/ and all users' /home/.  I assume that running it in
daemon mode will constantly check the defined areas.  Does that result in
apparent slow-down?

Nor do I know what command checks that it is running.  I expected it to be
listed in 'services', but I don't know whether it's not there because there
is still more to do to activate it, or whether it isn't a service as such.

Can someone please list the steps to be taken after installation,
configuration and test-scan.  Thanks