[Wylug-help] Printing, still struggling

shaun laughey shaun at laughey.com
Fri Feb 23 17:35:18 GMT 2007

On Friday 23 February 2007 15:05:28 scott wrote:
> I found that laserjet series pcl6cups is supposed to work with lexmark
> e120n, but how do enter the correct information to the printer manager?
> i.e ipp:// or lpd stuff
>
> hostname LaserPrinter
> IP 192.168.1.2
> WINS Server 0.0.0.0
> DNS Server 192.168.1.1
> zero config name Lexmark E120n
> MTU 1500
> default TTL 254
> LPD timeout 90

Hiya,

It's up to the driver you use on the computer that is printing. Nothing to do
with IPP thats a transport mechanism.

It doesn't care what you send via IPP but the printer does. You could be
sending it morse code for all IPP cares.

If it's for poor deprived windows users then just choose a likely HP printer
driver.

When I'm using CUPS with windows I usually use the Apple Postcript driver for
Postscript printers because it's fairly standard, shipped built in
(suprisingly) and doesn't install all that crudware like print spool
notification icons that HP and friends think windwoes users just crave.

Shaun Laughey.