[Wylug-help] GRUB extra

scott linux at sh2515.plus.com
Wed Feb 28 08:50:54 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 08:20 +0000, John Hodrien wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Feb 2007, scott wrote:
>
> > or maybe if it's a one off, type this
> > "mount -t ext3 /dev/sda5 /mnt/fedora"
> >
> > are any of these correct?
>
> That's fine, but you don't even need to specify the filesystem type as it
> should autodetect for most.
>
> mount /dev/sda5 /mnt/fedora
>
> (where /mnt/fedora already exists of course).

What does that mean? does it mean if there is a partition there or
something called mnt/fedora in a configuration file?  sorry for being so
finicky but i am new to Linux and don't want to make a mess of my PC -
which i already have done previously messing about trying to get it
working, wrecking my windows drive in the process.