[Wylug-help] Installing Linux + backing up data from windows

Felix Ulrich-Oltean linux at felixu.com
Tue Jan 30 20:21:32 GMT 2007

Hi

I have a friend who wants to install Ubuntu on a machine currently
running Windows.  He needs to back up a few Gig of data onto DVDs.  Can
anyone recommend any suitable free (beer) software for doing this?  The
dvd should then be readable as a normal dvd-rom i.e. without needing any
special software to restore it.

Having been on Debian unstable for several years now, I'm useless in
helping on the bye-bye windows side.  Hopefully I'll be more use on the
welcome to Linux side.

Any help appreciated, thanks,

Felix.