[Wylug-help] Starting a network connection

Craig Hopkins c.o.hopkins at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 22:37:30 BST 2007

john at bopa.co.uk wrote:
> The IP address is fine. What I can't figure out is how to enable the the LAN port. Is there any way to tell whether Linux can access my port?
Look in the hardware browser, if you have it installed for network
devices. It should list your ethernet (LAN) port. The fact that you can
do "ifconfig eth0 anything"  shows that it is detecting an ethernet
device of some description.  Doing ifconfig on its own will list the
devices that linux has detected and  has drivers available for

Craig