[Wylug-help] "effective" memory checker?

Andrew J Cole ajcole at ajcole.org
Wed Jun 6 12:33:51 BST 2007

During a 12+ hour scan memtest86 identified 9 error locations in one
DIMM and no new locations during a concentrated scan.  Fortunately I
had several (still sealed) replacements to hand the first of which tests
clean after a further lengthy scan.

I will certainly (now) soak test any new system (or upgrade) after this
experience although in this case the delayed onset of the problem seems
to indicate that this DIMM died "in service" rather than being DOA.
Now to test the veracity of the Kingston "lifetime warrenty".

Andrew