[Wylug-help] linux and flash

Shaun Laughey shaun at laughey.com
Mon May 21 23:43:06 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 21:48 +0100, Yiannis Gatsoulis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a very simple question.... what do people use to develop flash
> applications in linux? Thanks.

Hiya Yiannis,

In my case I've used Eclipse. With a flash compiler like MTASC. It
should be possible to use any editor really. The benefits are huge
mostly around being able to identify bugs at compile time and not run
time.

Very few professional flash people I work with use Macromedia's flash
timeline stuff - it's all object orientated these days.

For example: www.williamsf1.com

That one was almost entirely produced by my colleagues at Futurecorp
using Eclipse and MTASC.

Shaun Laughey