[Wylug-help] Laptop External Display

Mark Randall randall.mark at gmail.com
Wed May 23 09:37:39 BST 2007

Hi,

I'm not running Ubuntu at the moment - but I have a suspicion that the
resolution that your laptop screen is set to is incompatible with the
external display - perhaps you could press Fn+F8 once (so the display
is correct) and then change the resolution to the resolution you
usually have on your laptop - this will determine if it is a
resolution / refresh rate problem, or something else...

With regard to running two different displays - I think you need two
graphics cards to achieve this, so the answer is no.

Cheers,

Mark