[Wylug-help] Browser Keyboard Shortcuts and Form Controls

Dave Fisher wylug-help at davefisher.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 19:45:00 GMT 2007

Avid readers will have noticed that I've had keyboard shortcuts on the
brain for the last few days.

I'd love to be able to browse comfortably without ever having to take my
hand off the keyboard to use the mouse.

I know this will never be 100% possible, but I can already do most of
what I'd like to do using a combination of default key bindings, smart
bookmarks and firefox extensions (e.g. surfkeys, conkeror/vimeperator,
hit-a-hint, keyconfig, etc.)

The one thing that I really stumble over is shifting focus to form
controls.  Ideally I'd like to be able to shift directly to the first
control and then 'tab' through subsquent controls in order.

Does anyone know of an off-the-shelf method, or where I should start in
order to script such a feature?

N.B. I know bugger all JavaScript (although willing to learn) and less
about Firefox internals.

Dave