[Wylug-help] rpm install data

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Sep 4 20:04:33 BST 2007

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Don Magee wrote:

> I am trying to install vlc on a 64 bit maching using yum. But it fails on
> some of the dependencies. So I have built the missing items from source. But
> yum still thinks that they aren't there.
>
> Anyone know how to hack the rpm data so that yum/rpm knows that packages
> built from source are available?

If you had the correct rpm installed, yum should see it.  Are you sure the
arch of all the required packages are as you expect.

rpm -q --qf %{NAME}-%{ARCH}\\n <packagename>

should show you for sure.

jh

--
"God is really only another artist.  He invented the giraffe, the elephant and
  the cat.  He has no real style, He just goes on trying other things."