[Wylug-help] php date.timezone

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 15:43:39 BST 2007

Hi folks.

In my php.ini I have the following:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Module Settings ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[Date]
; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
date.timezone ='Europe/London';

If I include the code:

<? echo date_default_timezone_get(); ?>

I get displayed

Europe/London

Can anyone suggest why I get the following in my log file when people are
using squirrelmail

[14-Sep-2007 15:37:21] PHP Strict Standards:  strtotime() [<a
href='function.strtotime'>function.strtotime</a>]: It is not safe to rely on
the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ
environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you
used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most
likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London'
for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /usr/share/squirrelmail/functions/date.php on
line 420

--
Gary Stainburn