[Wylug-help] Debian help needed

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 6 15:09:47 BST 2008

I'm trying to get spell-checking working on the EeePC.  Neither aspell nor
ispell are in the default repos, and I have been advised to enable these:

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/ stable/non-US main contrib
non-free

I then have the problem that I haven't got the gpg-key for them.  I googled,
but couldn't find how to get it other than that it was installed with the
distro.

Attempting to download the two packages together with their dictionaries
brings me
'E: Unable to parse package file /var/lib/dpkg/status(2)
E: Unable to lock the download directory'

I need

aspell
aspell-en
iamerican (seems to be needed by default)
ibritish
ispell

Can anyone tell me how I can get them?  Thanks