[Wylug-help] Dongle-protected software under wine

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 1 14:11:34 BST 2008

The only thing I actually need windows for is machine embroidery software.
I've been trying to get it to run under wine.  The first, simple, program is
easy.  The more advanced stuff is protected by a HASP4 dongle for which I
have (I hope) downloaded all the required packages -
ftp://ftp.aladdin.com/pub/hasp/new_releases/linux

The instructions are complicated, and I've never done this before.  Is there
anyone who can spare a bit of time off-list to help me through this?  Maybe
if I can talk about the different bits and their role I might get things in
the right order.  I'm pretty sure I'm within arms-length of getting it
running.