[Wylug-help] MythTV remote problem

RichardA pingvin at simaric.net
Sat Feb 16 11:46:46 GMT 2008

I asked about this on the MythBuntu forum but haven't had much
feedback, and I'm desperate, hence the cross-post.

I've set up MythBuntu with both the back and front ends on the same PC.
Everything works except the remote control. It's the one supplied with
my Hauppauge Nova-T 500 cards(!), I've compiled the module,
installed the firmware, chosen the remote in the MythBuntu Control
Centre, the lirc daemon is running, irw gives me correct feedback for
all the buttons, I have a valid ~/.lircrc symlinked to
~/.mythtv/lircrc, but only the arrow keys work in the Myth front end.

The worst part of this is that when I did a test install last year I
solved this issue, but I wasn't sober, didn't take notes and can't
remember what I did. I have a vague memory of doing something in /root,
but I don't see why that would help -- the front end session doesn't
run as root.

I've struggled with hardware and cabling issues with this project, but
this is the only part of the software I can't work out. I'm sure there
are people on this list running MythTV, so any ideas?

-- Richard