[Wylug-help] OT: Dim screen on laptop

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 11 16:35:30 BST 2008

From time to time I have problems with the screen dimming on my Acer laptop.
It's as though it's on the battery mode, even though it's plugged in, and
it's giving me headaches.  On one occasion, booting into windows then back
into linux did get the brightness back.  On another occasion, removing power,
forcing it onto battery, then restoring power brought it back.  Sometimes,
though, I just can't get it back, no matter what I do.

Has anyone met this problem?  Is it hardware or OS?