[Wylug-help] unwanted packages in debian

Felix Ulrich-Oltean linux at felixu.com
Wed Jun 18 19:14:52 BST 2008

Hi

I have Debian unstable installed and when I try to apt-get update;
apt-get dist-upgrade, it keeps wanting to install a whole bunch of
things I don't want, e.g. alacarte, evolution, lots of gnome stuff,
etc.

I've tried to use synaptic and dselect and even dpkg --get-selections
to unselect those packages for reinstallation, but they keep
appearing.  How can I check which package is dependent on these
packages?

Thanks in advance for any detective clues,

Felix.