[Wylug-help] Radio on BBC iPlayer [a "solution"]

Shaun Laughey shaun.laughey at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 29 19:55:02 BST 2008

2008/6/29 Liam2 <cosinusoidaly at yahoo.co.uk>:

> --- Smylers <Smylers at stripey.com> wrote:
>
> > Can anybody find this?  The default IPlayer is still
> > Real-based and only
> > allows skipping forward in limited increments, and I
> > can't see any 'try
> > the new beta version' links.  Cheers.
>

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayerbeta/
>
> It'll be funny when someone releases at rtmp stream
> dumper. Or when they start streaming bbc radio to the
> iphone.
>
> Liam

Hi Liam,

You may or may not know but you can easily dump the realaudio streams using
mplayer - I regularly use it to record the stuff to play back when I'm out
and about. Main issue is that mplayer crashes when the stream finishes so I
find it hard to tell from a script if the recording was successful or not.

Regards,
Shaun Laughey