[Wylug-help] Gnome Screenshot Shortcut Without A Print Key

Dave Fisher wylug-help at davefisher.co.uk
Mon Mar 24 13:44:42 GMT 2008

My current laptop is a MacBook ... which doesn't have a Print key.

I want to screenshot application windows inside Ubuntu and MS-Windows
Virtual Machines and the clunky OSX screenshot app doesn't seem able to
do that.

I guess that if I could generate the scan code for a print key, I could
use a standard gnome screenshot in Ubuntu, but I don't know how to do
that.

Obviously, the Print key is also an issue for MS-Windows screenshots.

I can probably use Ksnapshot, but I'd prefer not to install yet another
duplicate function app on an already over-burdened system.

Ideas?

Dave