[Wylug-help] cups problem

Don Magee don at leedsweb.dyndns.org
Thu May 1 00:56:37 BST 2008

I've been trying to get a printer working. So I end up with jobs in the
print queue that I don't want to finish. cancel stops the top level, but
the stuff in the parallel port queue is still there and sends reams of
pages of esc/p at the printer (it's an epson).

So I killed the parallel process. And that stopped it ok. But now the
print queue doesn't work. lpq tells me that the printer isn't ready.

I think that the problem is that there is a lock file or similar left by
the killed process. But I've deleted all the likely candidates and it's
still the same.

Anybody know how to fix this?

Don Magee