[Wylug-help] HTML/CSS table width

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Wed May 7 13:41:42 BST 2008

Hi folks.

I'm trying to make one of my web sites prettier and I'm playing with CSS
again.

I have a div of a given width, and in that I have a table with width 100%.
This table then consists of 2 columns, one <th> and one <td>.

How can I define in the CSS how wide the 1st column (and thus the 2nd column
to)?

I want to do this in CSS instead of HTML (a) to make the HTML prettier, and
(b) to make sure I don't forget to do it

This has to work with Internet Explorer as this is what all of my users use
(don't ask, it'll only wind me up)

--
Gary Stainburn